Our legal identity
www.megaelectric.com.cy belongs to Megaelectric retail chain. Megaelectric is owned and operated by Novario Holding LTD.
Our head offices and contact details
Address: Office 301, 27 Andreas Araouzou Street, 1076 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel: +357-22460056, Fax: +357-22460191
Company Registration number: HE351800
VAT number: CY-10351800V
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy and data, please write to email@example.com. The ‘data controller’ as per GDPR regulations for our website services, Novario Holding Ltd
How we use your private data
We use your data in a number of ways. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
How we use your contact history?
To provide customer service and support
To train our staff so we can offer better service to you.
Why we need your contact history?
We need this data to perform our contract with you.
So that when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.
How we use purchase history and saved items?
To sell you products and services
To provide customer service and support.
To find out what you like so we offer suitable products and services.
Why we need purchase history and saved items?
We need this to perform our contract with you.
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you
To offer what customers want and stay ahead of the competition
How we use information you give us when you browse our site, such as IP address, device type, location etc?
To improve our website and set default options such as language, currency etc
Protect our website
Why we need information you give us when you browse our site, such as IP address, device type, location etc?
To give you the best possible shopping experience
To detect and prevent fraud against either you or our company and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
How we use information from external sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
So you can login into our website easily without having to create a specific account
To provide product recommendations.
Why we need information from external sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc?
To enhance your user experience and save time for you.
So you can see and buy items that are suitable for you.
How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
To run survey, competition or promotion suitable for your profile.
Why we need your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions?
We need this data so you can participate and have a chance to win.
Important notice about your private data
You do not have to give us any of the above personal information if you do not want to. However, if you do not give us all the information we require, you may not be able to buy from our site. The choice is yours and we respect that. Please also note that we may anonymize and aggregate personal information and use it for statistical and other purposes such as testing IT systems, improving our site and developing new products and services.
Sharing your information
We have not, do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We aim to earn and maintain your absolute trust. However, we do share your data with the following types of companies as an essential part of providing services to you:
– Sister companies, because they may be responsible for some of our activities
– Third party companies that provide services to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
– Third party companies that provide services to help us such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts
– Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can detect and prevent fraud
– External companies such as social media sites which you have chosen to use.
If in our original application you agreed, then we will send you marketing messages by email and SMS, to advise you about new products and services.
How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages us at any time either by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or sms message or by changing the settings in your ‘account settings’ or by contacting our head office (tel +357-22-460056). It may take a few days for all our systems to be updated according to your request, so you may receive a message from us while we process your request. Please note if you request for us to stop marketing messages, this will not stop service communications such as order updates.
Online advertisements for www.megaelectric.com.cy
From time to time, we engage in online advertising, to keep inform current and prospective customers about our products and services. The banners you see will be based on information that we hold about you and your use of our website. We target our ‘banners’ to you using services offered by third party social media networks but also using digital marketing technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags and cookies.
What are cookies and how we use them ?
There are four main types of cookies:
– site functionality cookies allow you to navigate the site and use features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
– site analytics cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
– customer preference cookies help us analyse your preferences, language, location etc so we can make your shopping experience better and more personal to you.
– targeting or advertising cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device (computer, tablet or mobile phone) and access them when you visit our website in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are on your device, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. General information about cookies can be found at the link below: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Caution: By deleting or disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website.
Your information in countries outside Europe
We confirm that your privacy and your data rights are protected through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information your rights is available at the link below: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
How long we keep your data
We hold your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may keep some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Summary of your privacy rights
The new EU GDPR regulations provide many rights including among others:
– the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
– the right to access the personal information we hold about you
– the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
– the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it
– the right to stop direct marketing messages at any time
– the right to withdraw consent for other data processing at any time
– the right to request that we transfer your data to you or another service provider
– the right to complain to the official ‘Data Protection Regulator’ in Cyprus where we are based
If you want to exercise any of above rights or you have a complaint or suggestion, please contact us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our head offices tel +357-22-460056.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Megaelectric website or by
email or text sms.